Saturday, February 26, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Cupcake/ Cake Flavors
One dozen minimum on each order of cupcakes
6” or larger cake on most orders
Specialty cakes/cupcakes cost dependent on size and ingredients.
Double Chocolate – Chocolate Chip
K’s Chocolate Supreme- Special chocolate recipe. For the chocolate lover.
Sparkled - ( Kristie Cake’s version of Funfetti)
Chocolate Cream Cheese
Raspberry Whipped Ganache
You have a flavor Combination not listed here? Let me know, let's dream up your perfect combo together!
Monday, February 21, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Making my first batch of Sugar Flowers
Staring with some sugared pink gumpaste.
This is a play-dough like consistency that dries out very quickly.
Half way through the project I decided I would start making leaves and stems.
Semi Finished Product.
I added some pink non-parels to the stems, and some small purple baby's breath flowers.
It dries in the same state, and shouldnt change color or crack. They are super delicate though.
I can't wait to get these on the cake I will be making.
But I can't tell you for who... Because it might be for you :)
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Made Oreo Truffles over the weekend.
They were a hit.
The recipe is easy
Courtesy of allrecipes.com
- 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
Add a little color by switching up your white and dark chocolate.
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
Just remember, white chocolate is a doozy to melt, so pay close attention and only microwave for 30 seconds at a time!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Coconut & Pineapple Cupcakes, with Whipped Cream Frosting & Toasted Coconut.
This was kind of an experiment for me, using what ingredients I had in the house.
They tuned out pretty good, but I think Red Velvet are much more popular.
Red Velvet Cupcakes, with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Delish. Delish... DEEE-Lish.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
When I was asked to make a cake that looked like a Carousel, my first reaction is SURE!
Building a carousel out of fondant or gum paste didn't really go as I had planned, so here is how the second try went.
I liked the sun coming through in this photo.
This photo is a closer view of the cake. The carousel is created out of thin wood that I covered in hand crafted paper with silver dot accents. The wood dowels are swirled with ribbon and the top is made out of shiny yellow card stock.
There are quite a few small imperfections, but over all with the size of this cake and the amount of fondant it took to cover it... it turned out well.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
My newest additions.
Working on two cakes this week. Made all my fondant, and made these cute little critters out of gum paste. These are for a baby shower cake for Sunday. Aren't they the cutest little things?
Other than that, there will be two new cakes up this weekend! Woot Woot!!